7.05.2008

Maine is Magnificent!

Here I am in Maine. It has been a full week now and it's absolutely beautiful here! We used to come here every summer when I was little, but stopped after awhile due to many reasons. I came to Maine a couple of summers ago for a photo workshop around the same time, and that was awesome. I am so glad to be back here. My family and I are visiting all the places we used to go to when we came here 15+ years ago. It is so interesting to see places again that I only vaguely remember. Most of my days, however, are spent on the beach. It is glorious. Even though the water is frickin' freezing. I think I am going to go all the way in today, instead of only getting wet from my stomach down. That should be a great time.

The first morning here I woke up early and we all made blueberry buckwheat pancakes and sipped on coffee. It was delicious! The next thing you know while we are cooking away we hear a strange noise coming from the ceiling. *scratch scratch scratch...fumble fumble....BANG!!* We found out that there is a whole squirrel clan living in the part of the cottage in between the first and second floor. They have since quieted down, but it was fun hearing them roll around nuts or whatever up there. What a bunch of cuties! At least they haven't figured out how to get into the actual cottage. 

My Great Uncle and my Great Step-Aunt came the third day we were here. They are from TN and I don't get to see them that often, so it has been great spending time visiting with them. Once my Great Uncle heard that I was interested in learning German, he decided he would teach me German phrases one by one. I have only remembered a few so far, but its only been a few days. The man knows three languages! English, French and German. It's insane. My Great Uncle is from the French (Huguenot) side of my family (my Nana's brother). I hope one day I can say the same thing about myself (knowing more than one language fluently that is). I believe I only know one and a quarter languages right now since my Spanish is very rusty. My Step-Grandma Bev from New York came the day after and I haven't seen her in more than a year. So it has been very nice seeing and visiting with her as well. 

Well, I think that is it for now. I might write in more later. Who knows.

Meg.

No comments: