11.30.2009

A Yearly Fort?

I want to start a tradition. Around the holidays, every year, I will build a fort with whomever wishes to help me. A Holi-fort, if you will. When I was a kid, my sister and I and our friends loved making forts during sleep overs with unzipped, Disney character sleeping bags, blankets, pillows, and chairs from the kitchen table. This year, when I was home for Thanksgiving I was thinking back on those times and remembered it's magic. When I found out that my roommate Julia wanted in on wanting to build a fort with me...it was ON! When I got back to our little apartment for the last three weeks of school before winter break, the first thing we did....BAMMM! FORT! (Actually, that's a lie...the first thing we did was go to the 99cent store to buy holiday decorations. 10 decorations, $10. Yes please!)

Can I do it? Can I make this a tradition? I think yes. I also think it's something everyone can enjoy and helps bring people together.
So therefore, game on.

Photographic evidence of the 1st annual Fort:

No comments: